Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thanksgiving Burgers

This is like a leftover Thanksgiving meal. It's delicious, quick, easy and healthy!

1/3 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
2 Tbsp reduced-fat milk
1/2 tsp rubbed sage
1/4 tsp salt
1 lb uncooked ground thurkey
4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted

Preheat broiler. In a large bowl combine stuffing mix, milk, sage, and salt. Add ground turkey; mix well. Shape into 4, 1/2-inch patties. Place patties on unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 inches from the heat for 11 to 13 minutes or until internal temperature registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer; turn once.

For condiments I use cream cheese and whole cranberry sauce, it's so good! I make sweet potato fries or squash fries to go on the side, it makes a great "poor mans" Thanksgiving dinner :)

5 comments:

robin marie said...

it's only 9:30 and i want to eat these right now!

Heather said...

rachael ray,
could you just help a culinary challenged girl out and put together a recipe book for me? my hubby and boys would be most grateful!

cat said...

okay, i am waiting for halloween pics. and BIRTHDAY BOY pictures! happy (early) birthday to the cutest 2 year old boys around. (and for their mama for surviving this long!:)

Julie said...

We'll have to try this. Why can't all recipes by easy, healthy, delicious, and inexpensive? I've been making your caramel apple cider. I even bought some paper cups with lids like at Starbucks so that we can take them places (or just drink it at home and think we're cool). I know I'm a nerd. I'm also waiting for Halloween and birthday pictures!

Kami said...

Hey Jessica, remember me from Heather's past life? Your boys are so darling. Aren't twins the best!! There's nothing like it. I loved the pacifier stealing video. You just don't get that kind of entertainment out of one kid. I'm glad to see you're having fun. Maybe I'll see ya again around the blogging world :)

Rylan stealing Beckam"s Pacifier (7 months old)