Friday, August 28, 2009

Sweet Sorrow

I had to say goodbye to some old friends today...our dining room chairs. They were sentimental to me as they were my first makeover project. We got them for free 6 years ago. I remember it well. They were an oak stain with teal and mauve paisley for the fabric cover. (why didn't I take a picture???) If the little old lady could have foreseen what I was going to do to her chairs I'm not sure she would have given them to me. I learned a lot from refinishing those chairs, (like how unnecessary it is to strip furniture that you are just going to paint! it was so laborious and completely not worth the trouble!)I still love the black with the animal print, but there were only 5 chairs, and they were in desperate need of being re-upholstered and repainted. Goodbye dear chairs, you've served me well, hopefully your next owners will love you like we have...

5 comments:

Troy said...

This truly is a sad day... I too will miss those chairs... I also think it's about time you get a bigger kitchen table! I know just what you can do with the old one!!!

Julie said...

I can't believe it's been 6 years! I still remember when you showed me the fabric you were going to use.

Unknown said...

Before pictures would have been awesome!! Your description was pretty detailed though. I can almost imagine something so 'out of date.'

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Awww, I would have a hard time saying goodbye as well! I just picked up a chair at goodwill to redo - gotta love makeover projects!

cat said...

i did love those chairs as well.
now you need to post your new ones!

Rylan stealing Beckam"s Pacifier (7 months old)