Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Caramel Apple Cider



Well I'm in LOVE with Starbuck's Caramel Apple Cider, so while they were making mine one day, I took a peak at what they used. My home version is pretty dang good, and FANTASTIC considering I could make 12 at home for the price of one at Starbucks.

Apple Juice or Apple Cider (not those disgusting little packets of "cider", real stuff 100% Juice like TreeTop)

Caramel (I use ice cream topper)

Redi-Whip

I heat the juice up on the stove, sometimes I'll throw a cinnamon stick in there, and when it's nice and hot take it off add caramel to your liking and top with Redi-Whip. (btw the whipped cream at Starbucks is about 12 grams of fat per serving, Redi-Whip contains about 1 gram!) I have this a lot, especially if we have people over, I'm totally ADDICTED!

9 comments:

Roni said...

This is my absolute favorite also. I am definitely going to try this recipe out. Yum!

robin marie said...

this is fantastic! i love those little ciders too... but i don't so much love the price.

manders said...

I agree that is my favorite drink I don't care what season it is I always have one. You can't beat their homemade whip cream though mmmm yummy.

rebecca said...

Jon says they are to die for, so I am excited to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

I've been waiting for it to get cold enough to have hot drinks. It was over 80 a couple of days ago, but it's supposed to be in the 30's tonight so I guess it's time. I love the caramel apple cider. Such a good idea to make it at home!

Ken said...

So that is why I gained lots of lbs when I was prego with Aiden and craving that stuff. Thanks for the recipe especially now that I'm trying to lose some weight and don't have to deprive myself of my beloved winter drink. Cheers!

Suzanne said...

What a fun idea. I have a eggnog and mint drink that I love during the holidays. I will have to give yours a try. I am enjoying your pictures of your boys. I am still amazed and the things they do . Oh ya. I got the leapfrog toy. James loves it. I just need to get him to stop obsessing over the letter B.

Lindsay said...

My mouth is watering! I'll definitely be trying this one!

Dents said...

i've never had those, and I was going to start my diet today, this complicates things. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Rylan stealing Beckam"s Pacifier (7 months old)